Surname Page from the Genealogy of Kenneth D. Kalloch
Sources & Research Notes:
- Annals of Warren, ME, p.403 (Matthew Kelloch m. Mary Robinson).
Hist. of Thomaston, Rockland, and S. Thomaston, ME, Vol. II, p.294 (Matthew Kalloch m. Mary Robinson).
ibid., p.376 (I. Dr. Moses Robinson, of Scotch-Irish emigration, came first to what is now Cushing, afterwards to Warren, with the first settlers; IIa. Joseph m. Mary McFetheridge; IIb. Mary Robinson m. Matthew Kelloch; IIIa. Hannah Robinson m. Samuel Gilchrest).
ibid., p.236 (Samuel Gilchrist m. Hannah Robinson).
Records of the Lower St. Georges and Cushing, ME, 1605-1897, by Ruth Aiken, pp.182-3 (Moses Robinson's will, 1764).
Moses Robinson to Mary (Robinson) Kelloch and Hannah (Robinson) Gilchrest.
1. Moses Robinson m. Mary Fitzgerald, (daughter of Daniel Fitzgerald). Moses died 1763, Warren, ME. Dr. Moses, of the Scotch Irish emigration, came first to what is now Cushing, afterwards, to W., with the first settlers; d. and was buried there in the 1st graveyard, by the old Pres. meetinghouses.
2. i Joseph b. ab. 1723.
ii Moses Robinson.
iii John Robinson d. Pleasant Pt. Cove, C.
iv Hanse Robinson. Major
v Archibald Robinson b. 31 Jan. 1737, d. 25 Feb. 1820.
vi William Robinson b. ab. 1737/8, d. 23 Apr. 1813.
vii Margaret Robinson.
3. viii Mary b. 31 Jan 1739.
ix Jane Robinson d. 1770, Perished in a snow storm.
2. Joseph Robinson b. ab. 1723, m. Mary McFetheridge, b. Boston, MA?. Joseph died ab. 1803, aged about 78. (m. Mary McFetheridge; not McKoun, as in Annals of Warren).
4. i Hannah b. 1756.
ii Sarah Robinson b. Cushing, ME, d. unm.
iii Mary Robinson d. d. young.
iv Moses Robinson b. 1756, d. 1777.
v John Robinson b. Cushing, ME, d. lost at sea.
vi Joseph Robinson b. Cushing, ME, d. W. Indies.
vii Elizabeth (Betsey) Robinson b. Cushing, ME.
viii Archibald Robinson b. Cushing, ME.
ix Jane Robinson b. Cushing, ME, d. unm., age 75 or 80.
3. Mary Robinson b. 31 Jan 1739, Warren, ME, m. 3 May 1758, Matthew Kelloch, b. 29 Mar 1737, Warren, ME, (son of Finley Kellough and Mary Young) d. 22 Mar 1824, St. George, ME. Mary died 31 Nov 1839, St. George, ME.
i David Kelloch.
ii Margaret Kelloch d. unmarried, St. George.
5. iii Finley.
iv Moses Kelloch d. ab. 1826.
v Mary (Polly) Kelloch d. St George.
vi Susannah Jane Kelloch d. St. George.
vii Catherine Y. (Katie) Kelloch d. St. George.
viii Matthew Kelloch Jr..
6. ix Hanse Robinson b. 16 Aug 1778.
x Sarah Kelloch.
4. Hannah Robinson b. 1756, Cushing, ME, m. Samuel Gilchrest, b. 1754, (son of Hugh Gilchrest) d. 4 Mar 1834, St. George, ME. Hannah died 23 Feb. 1835, St. George, ME. Samuel: (Went into the army and was wounded in a skirmish, at Harlem, during Washington's retreat from N.Y., the British ball remaining in his side to the day of his death.).
i John Gilchrest b. 29 Mar. 1779, St. George, ME, d. 3 May 1856.
ii William Gilchrest b. Aug. 1780, St. George, ME, d. 1860.
iii Joseph Gilchrest b. 20 May 1782, Cushing, ME, d. 7 Sept. 1864.
iv Hugh Gilchrest b. St. George, ME.
v Samuel Gilchrest b. 29 May 1788, St. George, ME.
vi Archibald Gilchrest b. St. George, ME, d. in infancy.
vii James Gilchrest b. St. George, ME.
viii Alexander Gilchrest b. 1789, St. George, ME.
ix Robert Gilchrest b. 20 Feb. 1796, St. George, ME.
7. x Sarah "Sally" b. 31 Jan 1798.
xi George Gilchrest.
| Site Map | Surname List | Search this Site |