Surname Page from the Genealogy of Kenneth D. Kalloch
Sources & Research Notes:
- Hist. of St. George, ME, by Albert J. Smalley, p.76 (The Jones family came from Boothbay and are no doubt descended from one of the Jones brothers who came from Ballymony, Ireland to Walpole in 1730). [Steve Sullivan is certain that this is not correct]
- Information from Steve Sullivan, Camden, ME, (Mary Jones [sis. of Wm. Jones of St. George, ME) m. Robert Chaples).
The Groton Avery Clan Vol. I., 1912, p.339 (Christopher Avery m.1 15 Dec. 1794, at Meriden, Sally Jones. She was b. 20 Jan. 1776. They lived at Corinth, VT., where she d. 15 July 1819).
I. Mary JONES to Robert CHAPLES.
1. Mary Jones b. 1791/2, m. 22 Jul 1808, Robert Chaples, b. 1782-86, d. 26 Sep 1872, St. George, ME. Mary died 31 Jan 1865, St. George, ME. 1. According to Steve Sullivan, she is sister. of Wm. Jones of St. George, ME. 2. The Hist. of Rockland, ME, by Smalley, p.76 states: "The Jones family came from Boothbay and are no doubt descended from one of the Jones brothers who came from Ballymony, Ireland to Walpole in 1730". (Steve Sullivan is certain that this information is not correct). Robert: Father might be Richard Chaples, born bef. 1755?, and son of Boothbay Chaples
2. i Robert b. 1826.
i Laura Chaples b. 2 Apr 1851, St. George, ME.
ii Cloria (Chloe L.) Chaples b. 11 May 1853, St. George, ME.
iii Elsina Chaples b. 11 Apr 1855, St. George, ME.
3. iv Caroline (Callie) Tyler b. 28 Nov. 1857.
v Lydia Chaples b. 11 Oct 1860, St. George, ME, d. 23 Feb 1910.
vi William H. Chaples b. 5 Feb 1863, St. George, ME, d. 24 Feb 1900.
vii Emma Chaples b. 6 Jan 1866, St. George, ME, d. 21 Oct 1888.
II. Sally JONES to Elias Jones AVERY.
1. Sally Jones b. 20 Jan. 1776, m. 15 Dec 1794, in Merridian, CT, Christopher Avery, b. 15 Oct. 1773, Groton, CT, (son of Andrew Avery and Martha ______) occupation grandfather clock maker, d. 30 Mar. 1843, Corinth, VT. Sally died 15 July 1819, Corinth, VT. Christopher: Cristopher Avery, a native of New London, Conn., came to this town (Corinth, VT) on horseback, among the early settlers.
i Oliver Avery b. 17 Sept. 1795, Corinth, VT, d. 24 Dec. 1850.
ii Alvah Avery b. 30 June 1798, Corinth, VT, d. 7 Aug. 1861.
iii Laura Avery b. 24 Aug. 1800, Corinth, VT.
iv Nathaniel Avery b. 13 Jan. 1803, Corinth, VT, d. 16 June 1876.
v Christopher Avery b. 29 Apr. 1805, Corinth, VT, d. 25 May 1888.
vi Sally Avery b. 24 June 1807, Corinth, VT, d. 2 July 1824, unm.
2. vii Elias Jones b. 20 July 1809.
viii Smith Putnam Avery b. 27 Nov. 1811, Corinth, VT, d. 22 Apr. 1886.
ix Simeon Avery b. 15 May 1814, Corinth, VT, d. 27 Mar. 1858.
x Philander Avery b. 20 Jan. 1817, Corinth, VT, d. 10 July 1846.
xi Harriet C. Avery b. 10 Jan. 1819, Corinth, VT, d. 16 Sept. 1849.
2. Elias Jones Avery b. 20 July 1809, Corinth, VT, occupation a farmer, m. 12 Sep 1833, in Washington, VT, Mary Sargent Woodman, b. 22 Jan. 1805, Washington, VT, (daughter of Peter Woodman and Mary A. Glines) d. 9 May 1885, Corinth, VT. Elias died 3 Apr. 1895, Corinth, VT.
i Fernald Spoksfield Avery b. 30 Apr. 1835, Corinth, VT, d. 13 Oct. 1866.
3. ii Almanah Melverda b. 19 Nov. 1837.
iii Sally Jones Avery b. 17 Mar. 1840, Corinth, VT, d. 18 Feb. 1859.
iv Joel Osgood Avery b. 4 July 1842, Corinth, VT, d. 3 Apr. 1867.
v George B. Avery b. 26 July 1845, Corinth, VT, d. 3 Sept. 1846.
| Site Map | Surname List | Search this Site |