Surname Page from the Genealogy of Kenneth D. Kalloch
Sources & Research Notes:
- The Cram Family in New Hampshire, by Mabel M. Marshall [my grandmother], 30 Apr. 1974,
- I. Josiah Cram, b. 1768 in Lyndeborough, lived in Greenfield, and d. 1846 at Peterborough. Name of wife is unknown, but there were three sons:
1. Joseph, 2. Nathan, 3. Benjamin
a daughter of Nathan, Abby H. Cram m. John S. McIvaine.
Their chil. were:
- Gertrude J., b. 18 Apr. 1873, at Wash., NH, m. George Severance, of Washington, NH, chil. were i. Abby, ii. Harry. (Abby Severance m. ___ Smith).
- Clarence J., b. 20 June 1874
- Eva E., b. 18 Aug. 1882, m. Orie Spaulding, of Bradford. They had one son, Nelson Spaulding, who had a son, Peter.
- Hattie A., b. 30 Nov. 1875
II. Benjamin Cram [proof?, sources? Death Cert. (see below) states that father's name was Ruben, which is correct?], b. 1805, d. 23 Jan. 1879; m.1 Lurida [Woods?], she was b. 1810, d. 18 Sept. 1840. Their chil. were: i. Benjamin, ii. Albert D., d. at age 17, iii. Elvira, iv. Lurida W., v. Lucinda, d. at age 4, vi. a baby.
Benjamin m.2 Mary Ann Fletcher, 16 Mar. 1841. She was b. 29 May 1811, at Washington, d. 23 Mar. 1895. One Child: Orlen D. Cram m. Mary Hoyt, he d. 1930. They had one dau. Lulu Cram, m. John Gillingham, of Newbury, NH, their dau. Martha m. Harry Blake, and they had several daughters.
III. Lurinda W. Cram, b. 1839 in Bradford, NH; m.1 ____ Howlett [his name might have been George], he soon d., m.2 Alonzo Marshall, of Washington, NH, 29 Apr. 1861. She d. 18 Sept. 1862. One child:
IV. Albert Cram Marshall, b. 9 Sept. 1862, d. 29 June 1940, m.1 Minnie Bailey, had 2 chil., i. Perley Albert, ii. Laura Mabel., m.2 Hattie Ellen Roby, of Sutton, had 1 dau:
V. Mabel Maud Marshall
Death Cert., NH Vital Stats. (Benjamin Cram, d. 24 Jan. 1879, at Bradford, NH. Age 74 yrs. 7 months 2 days; Place of Birth: Peterborough, NH; Name of Father: Ruben Cram [is this correct??]; Birthplace of Father: Peterborough, NH). [Is this Benjamin the father of Lurinda?]
Hist. of Washington, NH, p.350 (Joseph Cram [Bro. of my Benjamin?], son of Josiah, was born in Greenfield, 7 Mar. 1813. His father was born in Lyndeborough, in 1768, and d. in Peterborough in 1846).
NH Vital Stats., Marriage Cert. (Benjamin Cram, m. Mary Ann Fletcher, at Bradford, NH, 16 Mar. 1844).
? CRAM to Lurinda W. (CRAM) MARSHALL.
1. (Ruben? or Josiah?) Cram.
2. i Benjamin b. 21 June 1805.
2. Benjamin Cram b. 21 June 1805, Peterborough, NH, m. (1) Lurinda Woods?, b. 1810, d. 18 Sep 1840, buried: S. Newbury, NH, m. (2) 16 Mar. 1841, Mary Ann Fletcher, d. 23 Mar. 1895. Benjamin died 23 Jan. 1879, Bradford, NH, buried: S. Newbury, NH.
i Benjamin Cram.
ii Albert D. Cram b. Aug. 1844?, d. 1 Nov. 1861.
iii Elvira Cram.
3. iv Lurinda W. b. 1839.
v Lucinda M. Cram b. July 1835?, d. 23 Aug. 1839.
vii Orlen D. Cram d. 1930, Bradford, NH?.
viii Mary A. Cram b. June 1850, d. 12 Mar. 1851.
3. Lurinda W. Cram b. 1839, Bradford, NH, m. (1) George? Howlett, m. (2) 29 Apr 1861, Alonzo Marshall, b. 22 Oct 1819, Tunbridge, VT, (son of Walker Marshall and Dorcas Presby) d. 5 Jan 1903, Hillsboro, NH, buried: Washington, NH. Lurinda died 18 Sept 1862, Washington, NH, buried: Washington, NH.
4. i Albert Cram b. 9 Sep 1862.
| Site Map | Surname List | Search this Site |